Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Texts from last night

There is an interesting website that's been around for a few years now called textsfromlastnight.com.  It's a funny website where people can submit text messages that they either sent or received at some point in time.  Some of the texts are so outlandish that it makes you wonder how that website can get away with having it displayed.  None the less, I am a devout follower, and visit the site every day.  I always have 2 fresh pages of texts to read each morning, and they always bring a smile to my face.
However, some of the messages are also disturbing.  They are constantly boasting about the alcoholism, drug abuse or sexual exploits from the night before.  Not that I don't find them interesting, I just think that the people who post them have some sort of emotional unbalance.  Of course they are submitted anonymously, and only give the persons area code from which it was posted.  You can even look to see which area code is the most active, and surprisingly it isn't one of the top 10 largest media cities.  It's 248 in Michigan.  Either the people in the 248 have way to much time on there hands to post these hilarious texts, or it is one of the most scandalous area's in this country.  Virginia, Colorado and Connecticut round out the top 5. 
I'm curious though as to how many of these texts are true.  While my teenage and early 20 years were fun, I don't recall doing some of the things that are portrayed in these texts.  Some of the people receiving these texts have to be the luckiest people in the world.  But, as much as I have my reservations about the actualness of these texts, I'll keep reading them because even on my worst days they make me smile.

Thanks for reading,
Dustin Dominiak

No comments:

Post a Comment