Monday, October 1, 2012

Apple panorama pictures

Lately I've been seeing commercials for the new iPhone 5 and the panoramic picture capabilities that it has. What's the big deal? Is this something that is new to the iPhone camera? If it is then apple should be embarrassed that it is promoting this aspect of the phone on national commercials. The panoramic picture capabilities of meshing multiple pictures together to form one long picture is not new.
I have a Samsung galaxy sII, it's a handy phone. One of the capabilities of the camera on my phone is the panoramic captures that apple is now boasting about in its commercials. The galaxy sII was unveiled at the mobile world congress in February 2011. As you turn the camera or walk parallel to what your shooting, the Samsung camera takes up to 8 pictures and combines them together. The pictures are taking during an auto snap as the camera moves. It's a fun way to take pictures.
To me it seems that apple is a little behind on the picture taking capabilities of the iPhone. But maybe the marketing department deserves some credit for this, as I have yet to see any other company Promote this function in their phones. I just hope people don't believe apple was the first to offer this camera function.

I'm just one man and that is my opinion.
Thanks for reading,
Dustin Dominiak

No comments:

Post a Comment